School Culture and Digital Learning
Try Kahoot: http://kahoot.it/
Creating a Culture for Digital Learning
- Identify a time where you felt empowered as a member of a team moving toward a common goal.
- Create a list of characteristics of the team culture that supported this environment.
- Once you have your list of characteristics, ask yourself or your team members the following questions:
- Are these characteristics present in your school culture?
- Do you feel your teachers would respond differently?
- How do you know trust is evident in your building?
- How do you build trust?
ACTIVITY: Build your own definition of school culture.
Examining Your School Culture, Below are some questions to ask your team.
- How do I create an environment where dialogue and continuous improvement in instruction strengthen relationships and culture?
- How does vision have an effect on school and classroom culture?
- Are there changes needed based on your new understanding of culture?
“The school administrator’s support of a learner-centered environment is critical for teachers to fully meet the needs of each student; a culture that is not supportive can have devastating results.” -Mary Ann Wolf